Grammar Checkers

Subject: Grammar Checkers
From: David Locke <locke -at- SUGAR-LAND -dot- ANADRILL -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:38:06 +0000

Different style checkers catch different errors and do different
calculations. One calculation I like is called the Strength Score. Sorry but
I used these several jobs ago and do not have them with me now. It may have
been RightWriter.

One style checker that I do recommend is Corporate Voice. It allows you to
feed it examples of your best work to create a template. These templates
contain a collection of various statistics. New documents are then checked
against the statistics and deviations from the house style can be
graphically displayed. It comes with some predefined templates for business
writing, technical writing, and a variety of popular fiction authors. The
only problem with this product, and it may have been fixed by now, is that
you could only check 100 paragraphs.

David Locke
David Locke Locke -at- sugar-land -dot- anadrill -dot- slb -dot- com
Engineering - Drilling Information Products
200 Gillingham Ln. Voice: 713 275 4722
Sugar Land, TX 77487 Fax: 713 275 8098