Re: Value of documentation

Subject: Re: Value of documentation
From: Iain Harrison <iharrison -at- SCT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 10:27:14 GMT

I just heard a story that Microsoft were halting all shipments (in the UK
at least) of NT4 because of a defect in the documentation. I don't know if
it is true, though. If it is, it will be interesting to see what the defect
is, and see what importance documentation is given in the NT4 release.

From a similar source, resulting from this, I also heard that a simple
registry change can convert NT Workstation to NT Server. I find that a
little harder to believe!

Iain

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-