Re: Grammar Checkers?

Subject: Re: Grammar Checkers?
From: "Huber, Mike" <Mike -dot- Huber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 10:53:39 -0400

From: Katherine D. Fisher[SMTP:kdfisher -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 1996 9:37 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list TEC

..
Let's put it this way: those who feel they need grammar checkers should
not be technical writers.
--------------------
I disagree. Grammar checkers can be a useful tool, when used by a skilled
writer as part of a good, solid review process.
In my experience, the software is usually wrong, but the sentences that
trip up software are often more complex than I had intended and can often
be simplified.

Certainly, software is no substitute for knowing the language and a good
human review process. But it can be beneficial.

I know my language here is rather stilted. I am repressing an urge to
flame.

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-