Re: Grammar Checkers?

Subject: Re: Grammar Checkers?
From: Amy Brown <AMYB -at- IPRAX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 10:57:48 -0500

<I disagree. Grammar checkers can be a useful tool, when used by a
<skilled writer as part of a good, solid review process.
<In my experience, the software is usually wrong, but the sentences
<that trip up software are often more complex than I had intended and
<can often be simplified

I would add that it is all too easy to make grammar mistakes when you're
writing tons of documentation; hence the need for a good editor or, in lieu
thereof, a grammar checker. It's not due to your ignorance of grammar;
it's due to the speed with which you must write.

Amy
amyb -at- iprax -dot- com

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-