Improper language??

Subject: Improper language??
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:27:04 +0100

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Gary Comins an All am 17.09.96

GC> From: Gary Comins <gcomins -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM>

GC> If everyone is offended by someone else's quote containing a
GC> politically
GC> incorrect slang word, why are they all including it in their
GC> messages?

they simply caught the only thing they could hold on that smooth, unnatural
surface created by political correctness where everyone hides everything.

But let's return to business. A friend of mine worked in the US for a few
years. One of the most important things he missed there was this: A word is a
word and if some coworker says something he might even mean it. In the US he
often waded through molasses, hardly ever able to catch anything. A most
important qualification was to say nothing in as many words as possible. OK,
we
have such people, too. But I refuse to do business with them whenever
possible.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance Technical Writer (electronics, software)

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-