Re: Terms question: capitalize or not?

Subject: Re: Terms question: capitalize or not?
From: Steven Connell <rand3 -at- HAVEN -dot- IOS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 18:46:32 -0700

The last time I saw this addressed was many moons ago. I thought it was
in Webmaster magazine, but now I can't find the article. I do remember
that the opinion expressed was that WWW or World Wide Web was typically
treated with capitalization, but that we could expect to see this change
as the terms became more commonplace. As far as browser goes, I can't
think of any time this would be a proper noun. Netscape Navigator is a
browswer. Good luck. I'd say pick a standard and stick to it.

Steven Connell

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-