FW: Ending a sentence with a preposition

Subject: FW: Ending a sentence with a preposition
From: Sheldon Siegel <sheldon -dot- siegel -at- ATTWS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 10:29:00 PDT

how about: "Why'd you bring that book I didn't want to be read to out of up
here for?"
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: TECHWR-L
Subject: Re: Ending a sentence with a preposition
Date: Wednesday, September 18, 1996 9:52AM

DELURKING...

Steven wrote:

I've seen many allusions to the "no preposition rule" in some general
newsgroups, with a quotation from Winston Churchill (quoting from memory
"this is the kind of arrant pedantry I'll never put up with").

>>I think the quote went more like, "...up with which we shall not put."

Garret Romaine
gromaine -at- radisys -dot- com
- Endeavor to persevere