Re: Slapping

Subject: Re: Slapping
From: Rebecca Phillips <rebecca -at- QRONUS -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 15:14:52 +-200

---------
From: Tim Altom[SMTP:taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET]

> We know in advance that we'll have to top
>last year's achievement, and indeed we make it a habit to predesign so that
>we can implement tomorrow's neat stuff.
>So how have y'all approached this, if you have at all? Is today's techdoc
>department way too burdened to even predesign?

Why should we bother to predesign when we know that Microsoft is going to change the standard by next year? Seriously, I am burdened enough trying just to keep up with the HTML, SGML, RTF debate. Software documentation changes so fast that just keeping up with the tools is insane. This year I am being asked to convert everything into WinHelp and Acrobat. I am sure the industry will come up with something new next year. For me it's just another conversion.

Rebecca M. Phillips
Documentation Manager
Qronus Interactive Ltd.
Automated System Testing