Re: Ending a sentence with a preposition (#897726) -Reply

Subject: Re: Ending a sentence with a preposition (#897726) -Reply
From: Mike Bygrave <bygravem -at- INTUITIVE -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 10:10:35 +-100

Sorry, can't resist this.

Although Fowler is undeniably a god of the English language, you have to be a little suspicious of someone who, when discussing English grammar, can come up with a sentence as long as the one Bill qouted.

The man clearly breathes through his ears.

manchesterunitedmanchesterunitedmanchesterunitedmanchesterunited
Mike Bygrave (bygravem -at- intuitive -dot- co -dot- uk)
Standard disclaimer - Please don't sue me
1966 was a great year for English football - Cantona was born