License (was: Re: Use of periods in phone numbers)

Subject: License (was: Re: Use of periods in phone numbers)
From: Eric Haddock <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:37:26 -0500

>We're technical communicators. We have no license to experiment with trendy
>conventions.

Ye gods!
Of _course_ we have license to experiment because sometimes we have to.

Communication is _such_ a diverse, growing, and changing field that we
can't avoid trying new things. There have to be times when there isn't an
already established style guide or methodology and you have to make
decisions on your own as to what to do.
I suppose it's possible you would never have to do anything of this
nature, but, geez, your life would be, at best, static. :(

/`-_ Eric Haddock ------ http://www2.corenet.net/moonlion
{ }/ Technical writer
\ | Engage Networks, Inc. ----- http://www.engagenet.com
\__*| located in the Historic Third Ward of Milwaukee, WI