Re: An Octothorpic Debriefing

Subject: Re: An Octothorpic Debriefing
From: "Shalanna (Denise) Weeks" <dgweeks -at- SPDMAIL -dot- SPD -dot- DSCCC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 11:21:39 -0500

> Two other people in class managed to find "octothorpe" listed in a DTP
> manual and on the CD-ROM version of Webster's (neither of which *y'all*
> suggested). This also points out the impact of the information revolution:

Hey, who needs references?? I learned that on the FidoNet Writing Echo,
and then I ran across it again in a telephone system manual. (It's of
unknown etymology, but supposedly was invented by some telephone type,
kinda like the abbreviation "POTS," which [I am still not making this
up] stands for "Plain Old Telephone Service" in all Bellcore and
contractor documentation!)

If you'd SAID to give references, I could've come up with the page or
something <grump>!!

:)