Ensure vs. Insure vs. Make sure

Subject: Ensure vs. Insure vs. Make sure
From: Bill Hartzer <XBJH%mimi -at- MAGIC -dot- ITG -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 07:53:20 -0500

This is a BIG pet peeve of mine. Personally, I use "make sure" rather
than ensure. Ensure is the name of a nutritional drink for "old
people." And I'd rather use "insure" when talking about insurance.

Regards,
Bill Hartzer Bill Hartzer
Contract Technical Writer President
Texas Instruments, Inc. Highfield Marketing Group, Inc.
Dallas, TX USA Irving, TX USA
xbjh -at- msg -dot- ti -dot- com Highfield -at- aol -dot- com
(972) 575 - 2041 (800) 287 - 1974
(972) 798 - 2976 voice pager (800) 287 - 2063 fax
You can reach me at TI until 10/4/96; I'm moving on to another contract.
I can always be reached at HIGHFIELD -at- AOL -dot- COM via internet e-mail.
"Highfield Marketing Group, Inc. is the proud maker of the CD-ROM
TalentBank(tm), an electronically searchable resume database full of
quality professionals in the computer, high-tech, and technical writing
industries. Never a fee for applicants. Employers and recruiters
can search thousands of resumes electronically on their desktops while
applicants can reach thousands of employers with their resume."