Importing GIFs into FrameMaker

Subject: Importing GIFs into FrameMaker
From: David Egyes <davide -at- MERCURY -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 14:59:20 +0100

Colleagues -

My question regards importing GIF graphics into a FrameMaker document.

When I import a full screen or a window, it works. Yet when I try to
import an icon or a button, I get that nasty little gray box. I can't
view it, it won't print, and when I generate the document as a PDF file,
those graphics won't appear. I try adjusting the resolution, resizing the
graphic slightly, even viewing the document in Win 3.1, no dice.

Does anyone out there have any experience in solving this problem? I'd
greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

Dave Egyes
Mercury Interactive