Re: hot tech writing mkt -- salaries skyrocketing?

Subject: Re: hot tech writing mkt -- salaries skyrocketing?
From: Peter Gold <pgold -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 19:39:49 -0700

If someone is worth high pay to a company, the pay should be equal to the
worth. Consider that exempt employees work many uncompensated hours and
carry much responsibility. If a tech writer is not worth his or her
salary, that person should not be working at your place, but trying to
drive the pay rate down just because it seems high is shameful. It's the
"I've been speaking prose all my life, so what's the big deal?" syndrome.
Software and hardware engineers are paid these rates and more and if they
are worth their pay, nobody wonders if there's a pinched labor market
causing the high rates.

My low priced ($.02) opinion.

Peter Gold
pgold -at- netcom -dot- com