Re: hot tech writing mkt -- salaries skyrocketing?

Subject: Re: hot tech writing mkt -- salaries skyrocketing?
From: Susan Gallagher <susan -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 15:00:31 -0700

>Mazda did not invent selling at whatever the buyer will pay. It is
>called supply and demand.

I am aware of simple economics. The mazda reference was intended to be a
lighthearted joke.

If a programmer can make what he or she is
>worth, then so can a tech writer. Payment for services has always been
>based on what the service is worth. If good documentation means nothing
>to you, then pay nothing for it.

I certainly favor good documentation -- I am a tech writer myself as well
as a manager. I merely wondered if others were experiencing the same trend,
because salaries seem to increase very rapidly.

My apologies if you found my questions/comments offensive -- that wasn't my
intention.

Susan

--
Susan Gallagher Manager, Technical Publications
susan -at- livingston -dot- com Livingston Enterprises Inc.