hot tech writing mkt

Subject: hot tech writing mkt
From: Paul Kennedy <pkennedy -at- SNTC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 09:10:51 -0500

Kim Keegan wrote:

>Everyone in the Programming Dept is salaried. Everyone in the Customer
>Support Dept is hourly. The Pres. is refusing to change my status from
>hourly to salaried. And thus, the pay increase I was expecting (as a
>result of merit increase as well as the jump from.

You may want to check with the National Labor Relations Board about the
hourly vs. salaried status of the technical writer position. Usually
writer positions are classified as exempt (salaried) because they are
project-oriented and because there is a lot of independent decision
making. The NRLB provides worksheets to determine if a position is exempt
or non-exempt.

Paul Kennedy
pkennedy -at- sntc -dot- com