Re: Writing vs. ??? TECHNICAL writing: Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God

Subject: Re: Writing vs. ??? TECHNICAL writing: Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God
From: Brad Connatser <cwrites -at- USIT -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 13:05:43 GMT

In article
<c=US%a=_%p=Lucent%l=WCCMAIL/EXCHANGE/001468BE -at- exchange03 -dot- wcc -dot- lucent -dot- com>,
"Higgins, Lisa R." <eilrh -at- exchange -dot- wcc -dot- lucent -dot- com> wrote:

> I am especially bitter about the linguistic threads because I have
> practically had to weld my fingers together to keep from blowing each
> and every one of you insufferable little insects away with my
> comprehensive knowledge of and earth-shattering insight into all things
> linguistic. But I have done it. I have been sitting here, like one of
> those krazy gods in Jason and the Argonauts, watching you foolish
> mortals and your petty foibles.

> That said, linguistics and usage are HUGE subjects. This little mailing
> list would groan and splinter under the weight of those topics. Look at
> alt.usage.english. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want THAT
> in my mailbox every morning.

Oh, no! You just broke one of Eric's rules (no rude posts). Calling
linguistics lovers "insufferable little insects" is not very nice. And
please don't argue that you were just kidding--how would we insects know
that (our brains being very small, you know)? Seriously, I have two things
to say to refute your argument:

1) Read the subject line; if you don't like, don't read the post.

2) People on this list don't talk to others on the list about grammar and
linguistics because people on this list are experts in that area. They do
it because the people on this list have a common profession, common
interest, common point of view. I don't want to post a grammar question to
alt.usage.english because I don't know the people in that group. Point of
view is very important to me.

Brad, buzzing off

--
Brad Connatser