Re: Online strategy: who should define? - summary

Subject: Re: Online strategy: who should define? - summary
From: Karen Otto <KAREN_OTTO -at- HP-SPOKANE-OM2 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 08:47:17 -0600

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
I received several notes from people with their opinions on who should
lead an online strategy team.

The overall opinion was inconclusive.

Many people said there should be a separate leader. This is
impossible, due to the pool of available members, and due to the fact
that the corporate culture expects us to not need a team leader who
just mediates disputes.

Another strong argument was for the TW, based on their (assumed)
superior knowledge of content.

The most interesting thought was one in which the online information
set should be considered as a single set of documents. That implies
that any project concerning these documents should be considered as we
normally consider a paper project. That means the TW is leader.
The person who made this concept clear to me was David Locke. He also
referred me to a book concerning the same topic:
_Marketing_with_Newsletters_ by Elaine Floyd

Thanks for the "whack on the side of the head", David!

karen
karen_otto -at- hp -dot- com