Re: Another "TWs get no respect" story

Subject: Re: Another "TWs get no respect" story
From: conehead <conehead -at- OVERTHE -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 23:37:26 GMT

bethb -at- mcsdallas -dot- com (Beth Baxter) wrote:

>I can't help feeling that the changing of the margins thing is a Bad (with a
>capital B) idea.

>I can't think of any specific reasons, it's just gut instinct. However, if
>anyone has any reasons I can give my boss why I shouldn't change the margins,
>I would be most grateful, and will send many positive vibrations your way.

Here's one:

Because you, the designer of the manuals, laid the pages out assuming
the original specified margins. Arbitrarily trimming the pages now
would either throw off the beautiful balance of the printed pages, or
leave margins that are too narrow, or require you to re-engineer the
page layout to fit nicely in the "new" image size.

There's a penalty for every boneheaded decision by a peabrain manager.
Just ask Dilbert.

conehead -at- overthe -dot- net