Followup to "TWs get no respect"

Subject: Followup to "TWs get no respect"
From: Beth Baxter <bethb -at- MCSDALLAS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 23:26:54 GMT

Hi again everyone,

Yesterday I posted a notice asking advice from other TWs (I'm a one-woman
show). The situation was that my boss told me I would have to change the
margins on my manual to accommodate too-short manual covers. I felt that it
was a bad idea and asked for reasons I could give her as to why I thought so.

Basically, I have three things to say since yesterday's posting:

First of all, I received some great advice from a lot of nice people, which I
thank them for. Not only did I have some solid arguments when I talked to my
boss today, it made me feel great to have people in my corner. Turns out,
we'll be trimming the manuals 1/16 more on each side. So we lose a little
white space, big deal, right? (I hope.)

2. I need to clarify why the manual covers were short. We screwed up. Put less
teamlike, the President's daughter screwed up. She told the printing company
that the manuals were a quarter of an inch shorter than they were. Bummer, but
this is the first project where they did all the design and printing without
me, so...

iii. For me, it's pretty much a moot point whether they should have asked the
tech. writer what size the manuals are. I'll be taking a position with another
company within a few weeks. Maybe I'll get more respect there.

Again, thanks for all you help and support over the last year. I've seen some
great stuff on this list. Eric Ray - thank you.

Beth Baxter
Technical Writer
Micro Computer Systems, Inc.