Re: Typist First or Writer?

Subject: Re: Typist First or Writer?
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 06:24:19 PDT

Michael Wing writes:

> Personally, I only spend 20% of my time writing. I cannot speak for
> other writers; however, I suspect many have similar tasks. The
> following are some of the tasks which consume the other 80% of my time:
[...]

Writing isn't typing. To give an example from another writing field,
typing a 100,000 word novel at 60 words per minute takes less than a
week, while most successful writers of 100,000 word novels take ten
to a hundred times longer than that.

All the research and head-banging counts as "writing," even though it's
done away from the keyboard.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon, President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139