TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
The Systems House, Inc. is currently seeking to fill both consulting and permanent technical writing positions. The Systems House, Inc. is a software vendor for the distribution industry. Our software is on both mainframe and PC platforms.
Design and develop paper and/or on-line documents, using a variety of software tools (including Microsoft Word, FrameMaker 5, and Ventura 4.1.1). Documents will be created by interviewing technical experts and then synthesizing and organizing information with editorial review and direction.
* Excellent writing, organization, and communication skills are required.
* On-line development experience is desirable.
* Experience with Word or FrameMaker, preferably in Win95, is desirable.
* Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and interview effectively are needed.
* Must have the desire to be a consultant with the skills to work independently or as a team member.
* It is important to be able to learn quickly and be adaptable to changing environments as well as to be customer oriented.
Attention to details is required.
Please send your resumes to:
The Systems House, Inc.
10500 Lunt Ave.
Rosemont, Il. 60018
Fax: (847) 803-6557
E-mail: dglovier -at- tsh -dot- com