Re[2]: Intranets - Don't go there?

Subject: Re[2]: Intranets - Don't go there?
From: TIMMERMAN <timmerma -at- IPDLINK -dot- IPD -dot- ANL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 15:37:16 CST

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems writes

>Granted, again. However, if you were to take it away TODAY, you'd hear
>howls of protest from people who have discovered its utility. I, too,
>know of a number of people who are not using email - and in fact, are
>reluctant to use a computer for much of anything. However, I suspect
>that most of these folks are 45 or older, and in most cases don't have
>long life expectancies in the business world. What new information
>technologies provide is improved access to and use of information, and
>increasingly that's where business in general is headed. Intranets are
>simply one of the information tools."

Elna,

I'm probably more years past 45 than you are in front of it, and I bet
I know more about computers than you do. Do me a favor. If you ever
post a job vacancy to this list, remind us that you discriminate
against older people. I won't then waste my time considering your
company for employment.

Flame thrower off.

Don Timmerman, dtimmerman -at- anl -dot- gov
Sr. Technical Writer
Argonne National Laboratory