HTML books

Subject: HTML books
From: Michelle Nichols/VENTANA <Michelle_Nichols/VENTANA -dot- ITP -at- LGATE -dot- VMEDIA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 12:52:47 EDT

I highly recommend one of Ventana's new titles, "HTML Programmer's Reference,"
as the reference book to buy. It is a comprehensive look at the HTML language,
showing you which tags and which attributes are supported by which browsers
(nifty, eh?). It also includes a comprehensive look at the JavaScript language
with examples. OK, OK, I work for Ventana, but this is a really cool book!

It's ISBN number is: 1-56604-597-5. It costs $39.99 (US)

It contains a CD-ROM that includes the entire text of the book, so that you can
use it as an online reference, as well. Updates to the book are available off
of the Ventana web site at http://www.vmedia.com/updates.html.

As for a design book, Ventana offers "Looking Good Online," which is a
companion book to the now-famous "Looking Good in Print" book. In addition to
giving basic design advice for Web pages, it also analyzes several case studies
on some of the more popular Web sites.

It's ISBN number is: 1-56604-469-3. It costs $39.99 (US)

It, too, comes with a CD-ROM that includes many templates, sample textures and
icons, and tools for HTML authoring, image editing, etc. You can receive
updates to the book at Ventana web site.

Another good design book is "The Web Page Design Cookbook" by William Horton,
et al. I read it cover to cover and while I disagreed with some of the
suggestions for design, it was a well-thought out and informative book on Web
page design.

My $.05 worth (Nichols, get it?)

:)
Michelle Corbin Nichols