Re: Information on creating PDF files

Subject: Re: Information on creating PDF files
From: Patty Ewy <pewy -at- ICONTROL -dot- ANZA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 13:29:27 +0000

We've had great success with putting our manuals into the .pdf formats,
too. We use PageMaker to create our manuals.

The manual set is pretty big (for manufacturing companies), so we create
a separate .pdf file for each "section:" one for sales order
processing, one for purchase order processing, and so on. We only
provide one set of manuals for each site, but by making these files
available on the CD (and, coming soon! on the Internet), we're trying to
make it easier for users to access them.

With PageMaker, we can even have links and bookmarks automatically
created within the files, so that when a user opens the file's first
page (the table of contents) she can click on the subject she's
interested and POOF! she's there. Not real high tech, but a big step
forward for us.

We've had no problems with fonts or graphics (from Illustrator, Adobe
Table and Photoshop). We will soon be moving to working more
extensively (with Exchange) to make the online versions cooler.

Patty Ewy
pewy -at- icontrol -dot- anza -dot- com