Re: TECHWR-L list management

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L list management
From: "Bailey, Doug S" <dsbailey -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:57:47 -0600

The discussion of list content seems to center around two widely
different conceptions of mailing lists:

1. The list is defined by the listowner. (tight)
2. The list is defined by the membership. (open)

I believe the terms are "moderated" and "unmoderated".
Since this is a moderated list, I guess Eric has the
right to censor those posts that he deems inappropriate.
Which is why I joined the unmoderated TechComm list.

If you're interested in joining as well, ask one of
the list members about it. (We don't have a FAQ
as yet--Joanna?)

Doug
dsbailey -at- ingr -dot- com