Recommendations for cross-platform on-line documentation, please

Subject: Recommendations for cross-platform on-line documentation, please
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:25:36 -0600

I've just been charged with coming up with the best solution for on-line
documentation for a product we're creating. The product we're creating
will be written mostly in Java and will exist initially in HPUX,
Solaris, Windows NT 3.51 and 4.0 and Windows 3.1/3.11 and '95. Almost
any other OS (including other dialects of UNIX and VMS) is possible
after that. The initial, easy solution seems to be HTML. Is there
anything else I should be looking at? Is there any reason I shouldn't be
using HTML for this?

Unless anyone else wants this info, please reply to me. If anyone's
interested, I can post a digest after the polls close.

Thanks.

Chris Hamilton
--
Chris Hamilton, Technical Writer