Re: Numbered Procedural Steps

Subject: Re: Numbered Procedural Steps
From: Parks Bev <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH8 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 14:07:00 PST

Kathy Fisher[SMTP:kdfisher -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM]
Daniel Wise wrote:
>> Why use numbers at all?
>Numbered steps are necessary because we need some way to refer back to
previous steps, <

In addition to what Kathy said, we also like numbered steps because the
numbers help us keep our place. If we are following instructions and have
to look away from those instructions for a moment, it is easier to return
if we've made a mental note of the instruction number we were reading.

Bev Parks
parksb -at- huachuca-emh8 -dot- army -dot- mil
(Delete the winmail.dat attachment. It is meaningless and beyond my
control.)

P.S. to Bill Sullivan: Can you see this or is it blank? ;-) Also, is
there still a winmail.dat attachment tagging along behind?