Re: when a bad manual wins..

Subject: Re: when a bad manual wins..
From: Peg Ferraro <peg -at- CTHULHU -dot- CONTROL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 10:11:43 -0500

Hi Bob,

>Bob -dot- Jones -at- PAREXEL -dot- COM wrote:

> I am in the middle of rewriting a numbing set of very bad manuals, and
> I feel like the bad manuals are winning. I feel like I have mono
> whenever I sit down to work on them. They have broken my spirit.

> What do you do to when I project gets you down?

Several people have given you some good suggestions about what to do.

I have been in the same place as you. I found that writing the manuals as
a new project worked better than rewritting.

Another piece of advice. It is very important that you take some time
for yourself. Don't trick yourself into believing you haven't the time.
A three day weekend devoted to fun, exercise, family, friends, charity
work, what ever is your preference works wonders. I ended up scheduling a
massage every other week, working in a soup kitchen the off week, and going
home to Pennsylvania to see my family. I also started taking walk everyday at
lunch time. Just getting out into the fresh air helped alot.

Good luck,
Peg Ferraro, peg -at- control -dot- com