Re: I think hell froze over

Subject: Re: I think hell froze over
From: Julia Schelly <Schellyjm -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 09:33:50 -0500

Gaylin,

You are not the only one who has found a place in tech writer heaven. I am a
technical writer for a small (30 employees) software company where we play as
hard as we work. Our conference room currently has an exercise machine, a
dart board, and a pool/pingpong table in addition to the conference table. We
will soon move to a larger office space and the current plans include a
separate playroom to hold our "toys". Afternoon breaks frequently involve
hacky-sack, frisbee, and football in the parking lot.

We also work hard. In the 2 1/2 years I have been with the company we have
released major technical updates to 4 products, created 3 new products , and
have several new products in process. The developers (one of which is the
owner of the company) are always accessible and will go over and over
technical issues until you understand them. They do a great job reviewing our
documents and often suggest addtional information that might help the user.
*gasp* They even come to the writers to ask their input on GUI interface
issues , naming conventions, and product features.

Our company has a flat organizational structure. Everyone (sales, accounting,
shipping and receiving, writers, developers, QA, and tech support) is a equal
member of the team and is respected as a integral part of providing the best
products and services to our customers.

There are fun, rewarding, and challenging jobs out there, folks. Keep
looking.

BTW, we might be hiring additional writers in 1997.

Regards,
Julia

Julia Schelly
Schellyjm -at- aol -dot- com or julias -at- fpoint -dot- com