Passive Vs. Active Voice

Subject: Passive Vs. Active Voice
From: "Kim L. Shaw" <103205 -dot- 402 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 14:51:49 EST

Elaine,

You can still put sentences with a process as the subject in the active voice,
but I have to admit I can't make your example completely active! Here's a
suggestion for how I would rewrite it to improve the wordiness, though.

ORIGINAL: For data reduction the desired quantity is the response of the band
after the out-of-band has been removed.

EDITED: For data reduction, the desired quantity is the band response after
removing the out-of-band.

Kim Shaw
Words & Graphics Inc.
103205 -dot- 402 -at- compuserve -dot- com