Distance learning Interface Design course info

Subject: Distance learning Interface Design course info
From: "Matthew B. Hicks" <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 16:08:16 -0700

I took an interface design course through the University of
Colorado's CATECS (Center for Advanced Training in Engineering
and Computer Science) program last spring. The course will once
again be offered in the spring semester of 1997. The lectures are
available either on video tape, or with the right equipment, you
can participate through a live video feed (I don't know the
details of the video feed; contact the CATECS office).

Anyway, several people expressed an interest in this course when
I mentioned it last spring--too late for any of them to enroll--
so I am trying to give adequate (hopefully) advance notice. The
course is CSCI 6838: User Interface Design and it is taught by
Professor Clayton Lewis, former Manager of Human Factors at IBM
Research. Contact info for CATECS is:

Phone: 303-492-6331
Fax: 303-492-5987
Web: http://www.colorado.edu/CATECS

Contact info for Professor Lewis:

Phone: 303-492-6657
E-mail: clayton -at- cs -dot- colorado -dot- edu (his secretary prints out
his e-mail and puts it in his mailbox; it takes a
virtual forever for him to respond)

Tuition was $997; I'm not sure if it has changed this year.
Professor Lewis is very knowledgable and interesting and the
course was a good learning experience. If you have specific
questions about my experience in the course, please feel free to
e-mail me and I will try to respond as time permits.

Matt Hicks matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu
"This planet has crossed the line. Assemble the giant robot!"
-Dick Solomon, "3rd Rock from the Sun"