Re: Pagemaker 4.0 format question

Subject: Re: Pagemaker 4.0 format question
From: Laura L Lapierre <lapierre -at- TIAC -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 13:07:21 -0500

I use Pagemaker 5.0 myself - but here is my "insight" as to what is
happening:

1. Under "Page Setup", do you have a "Compose to Printer" option? If yes,
then make sure this is set to the printer you are using. Also, make sure
that under Print, that the "Type" and "Print To" options are set correctly.

2. Concerning the graphics, if they are showing up alright but the links
aren't there, then a copy of each of the graphics is included in your
Pagemaker file. You should be all set - you can always relink them later,
especially if you think the graphics will be updated.
----------
> From: Julie A. E. Tholen <tholeja -at- ANUBIS -dot- NETWORK -dot- COM>
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
> Subject: Pagemaker 4.0 format question
> Date: Thursday, November 21, 1996 9:25 AM

> Hello fellow tecktrons,

> Got another question for you. I've been doing a volunteer project in
Pagemaker
> 4.0 (I'm a Frame girl myself, so this is pretty foriegn stuff). Its a
volunteer
> manual, and I used one of the templates supplied with PM. The problem is
> two-fold: 1) I can't get it to print out correctly. Everytime I go to
print out
> the doc I get a message saying that it hasn't been formatted for the HP
printer
> that I had selected before even getting into Windows (This is on a small
network). I've tried using the Target Printer option, but it doesn't seem
to help. I'm
> thinking that the correct fonts haven't been installed on the printer????
> 2) Two weeks from deadline, they upgraded the system and swaped out PCs.
Now it