Re: Typo or pun of the year

Subject: Re: Typo or pun of the year
From: Guy Haas <ghaas -at- NETSCAPE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 18:06:33 -0800

At 05:57 PM 11/27/96 -0800, Joanne Grey wrote:
>John Ahlstrom wrote:
>> Gillian McGarvey wrote:
>> I hated the marketing, loved writing and desperately
>> wanted to know how the innerds
>> ------
>> of computers and software worked.

>Nah, not type of the year by a long shot. My own accidental "property
>sheep" beats that one. Now if it's a pun ... :-)

Nah, one of my brothers-in-law has you beat. I wrote to
Brother-in-Law #1 (and CC'd #2) thusly:

>Please, please, please -- On your [web] page...

>"it's" == "it is"
>"its" == belonging to it

Brother-in-Law #2 (the engineer) replied promply:

>Such penned up rage.

>I can barely spell, let alone tell the difference between a
>contraction and a possessive pronoun.

But is it a typo, a pun, or a typun?

--g

Guy K. Haas, Software Exegete ghaas -at- netscape -dot- com
Netscape Communications 415-937-3773
501 Middlefield My opinions are mine,
Mountain View, CA 94043 Netscape's are their own.