Re: Screen-sized Web Pages?

Subject: Re: Screen-sized Web Pages?
From: Shmuel Ben-Artzi <sba -at- NETMEDIA -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 23:00:17 +0200

Matt,

Agreed. Most knowledgeable sources that I've run across on Web site design
suggest creating JPG and interlaced GIF files to be read at 640x480x256.
Many users whose monitors are capable of higher resolutions regularly use
this setting anyway. And that means that 256 should be the total number of
colors on the page, not just in each individual photo or graphic.

Shalom,
Shmuel

Shmuel Ben-Artzi
sba -at- netmedia -dot- net -dot- il

>There are two problems with this: one, not all hardware is created
>equal, or capable of the same thing. An older VGA monitor or 256k
>video card will handily preclude much beyond 640x480x4.

<snip>