Re: FrameMaker Discrepancy

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Discrepancy
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 09:03:44 EST

I use Frame on a Mac here in sunny East Tennessee...and wouldn't give it up for
anything. In the distant past I used WordPerfect and Ventura. Frame was the
program of choice when I got to this position--probably because the engineers
had been using it on UNIX for their documents. I find it incredibly flexible
(though there is that list of features that should be implemented, which
circulates quite frequently on the Framers' list). I've used Word a few times,
so that I didn't end up with maintenance responsibility for a document, and I
find it much clunkier and difficult to use--never could figure out how to get
side heads. But that's probably because I don't use it frequently. I'm also now
looking into creating an online manual (not help) with hotlinks, which should be
a relatively easy thing, using PDF--now that Adobe owns both Acrobat and Frame!

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI PET Systems, Inc., Knoxville, TN
mcmaster -at- cti-pet -dot- com