Re: Word Format Overrides

Subject: Re: Word Format Overrides
From: Mitch Berg <mberg -at- IS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 10:26:48 -0600

M. Dannenberg wrote:

> Hi.

> In Frame there is a command to update all paragraphs with a particular
> tag. Now I have a Word
> document that somebody who thought he was being really clever basically
> formatted by hand, without using styles at all. What I would like to do
> is remove all that manual formatting on a global basis, i.e. without
> having to go to each paragraph individually and having to reassign the
> style.

> Am I missing something here, is there an official way to do it? Any
> ideas? Macros? Or what?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGH!

Long answer: If you can find any consistent threads in the manual
formatting, you can write a macro that globally changes the consistent
parts (or, perhaps better, applies a paragraph tag to them).

Short answer: See above.

--
Mitch Berg
mberg -at- is -dot- com

"Word is a minivan, Frame is a bus. Your job is to move 80 people across
town by noon. Choose."
-- John Bell