Annotations in WinHelp - Do they stay?

Subject: Annotations in WinHelp - Do they stay?
From: Diane Heald <heald -at- IAG -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 08:06:15 -0500

If a user adds an annotation to a WinHelp help file, will the annotation
still be there when the help file is replaced a few months later by an
updated help file of the same name?

I found that the actual annotation file is stored in C:\windows\help as
[help project name].ann.
I'm guessing that it will stay and work as long as there is a help topic of
the same name. I tried it and it seemed to work but I'd like to know
others experience.

Would it make any difference if it was a 3.1, '95, or NT help file?

Thanks.

Diane Heald
heald -at- iag -dot- net