Re: A little moderation, please

Subject: Re: A little moderation, please
From: Diane Cohn <dianecohn -at- APPLE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 09:17:17 -0800

>I just spent one and one half hours reading through the 62 messages
>totalling 3520 lines in the Dec. 8-9 TECHWR-L digest.

I too am almost overwhelmed by the volume of mail on this list. I just
joined, but now I'm wondering if I made a mistake because it takes up way
too much time - even if I just delete most of it without reading.

What about splitting the list into interest areas? Here are some
suggestions:

TECHWR-career
TECHWR-editing
TECHWR-doc design
TECHWR-windows
TECHWR-unix
TECHWR-html
TECHWR-contracting
TECHWR-corporate politics
TECHWR-all

Creating interest areas has worked very well for the HTML Writers Guild
mailing list. If I wanted to, I could receive everything. But that's way
too much info for me, so I've signed up for two specific areas of
interest. Can we please have the same option?

(Okay, flame away!)

Diane
dianecohn -at- apple -dot- com