Re: Sense of Humor Testing

Subject: Re: Sense of Humor Testing
From: Folse Kate <folsek -at- BSCC -dot- BLS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 13:09:00 EST

----------
>From: David Dvorkin[SMTP:ddvorki -at- USWEST -dot- COM]

>Time for someone to support Stephen Arrants, who pointed
>out that Mike Dean's post violated this list's guidelines.

>Most of us have seen that Dr. Seuss thing a few times in
>various places. A bit of snappishness is understandable.

Sure it is 'understandable' if you subscribe to the theory that people
should be corrected in a public forum.

In the future, if someone violates posting polices let's not stand on the
pulpit
in front of the entire list and thump our fist on the bible of techwr-l
posting guidelines.

A simple, cordial, and private message would have sufficed, I think.
Maybe if attached
to it was the guidelines (in case, just maybe, the person really never
saw them) and
a simple note welcoming the poster to the group, we could foster an
atmosphere of
friendliness and team spirit. After all, we all share the same
profession and could
learn a lot from this list.

Best,
--kate