Using Compare in Word

Subject: Using Compare in Word
From: Linda Castellani <castle -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 22:40:45 -0800

I'm starting a small new project - updating some existing docs - and just
discovered that the markups I'm getting were done directly in the document
files, not on paper, and that no effort was made to differentiate the
changes from the existing text.

I've looked at the online help for Word 6 and Word 7 for the compare
function. (Word 6's help was immensely more helpful, BTW, while 7's has
more bells and whistles.) It looks like the compare function compares
the original files (which I have) to the edited files and "marks
inserted, deleted and revised text with revision marks."

This sounds pretty slick. Has anyone actually tried this? If so, does
it work as well as it sounds like it does? Is there anything I should be
aware of or watch out for?

Thanks in advance.
Linda