Re: screen capture questions

Subject: Re: screen capture questions
From: WRONECKI Frederic DG <frederic -dot- wronecki -at- FRANCETELECOM -dot- FR>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 18:22:17 +0100

Laura (from the 7th continent !) wrote :

> we are using the simple screen capture utility provided by microsoft
> (alt+printscreen) to capture some screens in access. (in win95)

> the problem is that when we link/paste the screen capture into a word
> document, the online resolution is horrible, even though it prints well.
> we eventually need some decent resolution for online presentation.

> does anyone know if this utility saves the preview as a coarse black &
> white tiff and if that setting can be changed? a fine B&W tiff would be
> good.

> also, what format is the file in? properties didn't tell us. is it a .bmp
> or a .wmf?

Laura, I notice that when you double-click on the screenshot in WinWord, you
activate Draw and not Paintbrush, which means the picture is a WMF and not a
BMP. This probably explains the bad quality.
As for me, I always make screenshots with PaintShopPro "Capture" function :
it gives a good readable BMP picture. Besides, you can select which part of
the screen you want to capture, and you may choose to capture the mouse
pointer or not.
Frederic Wronecki
France Telecom, Paris, France
mailto : frederic -dot- wronecki -at- francetelecom -dot- fr