Deepest Apologies

Subject: Deepest Apologies
From: Kristen Black <KBLACK -at- COREL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 12:22:45 -0700

I moderate the wpweb -at- corel -dot- com e-mail address, and it seems I'm to
blame for terrorizing this list over the holidays. I had set up an
autoresponse for the messages sent to wpweb -at- corel -dot- com, and I'm not
really sure what happened. I'm also subscribed to this list, but under my
personal e-mail address. Somehow, the autoresponder got hold of very
old messages on this list and responded to them. I have no idea how that
happened, and why it didn't respond to the ones it should have. Wpweb
should have had no contact with messages from this list, let alone very
old ones.

Several of you have commented on this error as an indication of how
Corel the company functions, and that is not the case. Please do not
judge a company based on an error of an individual. If anyone is to
blame, it's probably me, but since the problem was so weird in finding old
e-mail addresses and crossing over e-mail IDs, I have no idea where the
fault lies. Feel free to flame me, if you aren't one of the many who have
already done so.

Again, my deep apologies for filling up your mailboxes.

Kristen Black
Technical Editor
Corel, Inc.
kblack -at- corel -dot- com