Re: Capitalization of small cap brand name

Subject: Re: Capitalization of small cap brand name
From: Shirley Moore - x3247 <shirley -at- VMARK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 09:41:57 -0500

> This is a rather silly question, but I need to ask it. How does anyone
> out there handle capitalization of a product name (that uses small caps)
> if it is the first word in a sentence. Some examples are shown below.

I work for a company whose product was also lower case (uniVerse)
and we kept it as is in the documentation, but it annoyed the heck
out of us so we tried not to use the word in the beginning of a
sentence. Recently, however, our Marketing Dept. changed the trademarked
name to upper case.

> improvit is the best Statistical Process Control package on the market
> today.
>
> Improvit is the best Statistical Process Control package on the market
> today.
>
> The software package name is also bolded (as if that makes any
> difference).

Bolding the word at least helps to set it apart so folks don't think
it's a typo.

Good luck,

Shirley Moore
VMARK Software, Inc.