Re: book buying note/Object-Oriented GUI Application Develop

Subject: Re: book buying note/Object-Oriented GUI Application Develop
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 08:07:00 -0600

* Skip this msg if you never buy books or could care less: *

While it *might* be argued that I couldn't care less, I *do* buy books.
Lots of them. I also sell them.

>Object-Oriented GUI Application Development
>by Geoff Lee
>ISBN 0-13-363086-2

Call Powell's in Portland. Their technical bookstore phone number is (800)
225 6911. They claim today they have a used one in stock at $19.95. You're
welcome. ;{>}

>We do not have this title in stock. I called the publisher and it is out
>of print.

Just a note: The publisher says a title is out of print. That doesn't mean
a bookstore isn't able to get a copy; it simply means the publisher won't
supply any more copies to the distribution pipeline. Stores and
distributors will return unsold copies up the chain. Perhaps there's still
a few copies languishing in a distributor's warehouse somewhere; perhaps a
few stores have held on to the book longer than others in hopes of some
last-minute sales, and decided finally to give up and return its copies to
its distributor. One store has an arrangement with that distributor and can
therefore get a copy; another store does not, and therefore can't get a
copy; a third store doesn't even know that particular distributor exists,
so can't find the copy.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224