Cross-platform files and e-mail

Subject: Cross-platform files and e-mail
From: Tracy Boyington <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 11:14:01 +0000

I know this sounds like a ridiculously simple question...

We need contractors creating files on Macs to be able to send Mac
files as e-mail attachments to our PCs (which are the only computers
that have e-mail access) where we can download them to diskette
and then use them on our Macs. This isn't working for some reason,
and some people think it's impossible. Is it? If you're doing this
successfully, can you give me any tips (encoding, etc.)?

Thanks!
Tracy