Re: Cross-platform files and e-mail

Subject: Re: Cross-platform files and e-mail
From: Tracy Boyington <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 15:08:10 +0000

Replying to my own post... wonder what that says about me... just
some clarifications:

> We need contractors creating files on Macs to be able to send Mac
> files as e-mail attachments to our PCs (which are the only computers
> that have e-mail access) where we can download them to diskette
> and then use them on our Macs.

Contractors are using Power Macs. *We* are using Power Macs with
System 7.5, I think (I don't keep up with those toy computers!) ;-)
We use Pegasus or Netscape for our internet e-mail, although we
could probably install something else if necessary. Our Power Macs
are not on the network and will not be put on the network with the
PCs. Modems/e-mail for the Power Macs are *not* an option. The actual
files being sent are usually Quark XPress files. We need to get an
e-mail message with an attached native Mac Quark XPress file, move
that file (without opening it) to a diskette, and open the file on
our own Power Macs. This seems like it should be easy, but it hasn't
been, and sometimes people say "it can't be done" when they
mean "I don't know how to do it," so I wanted to find out how others
do it.

I've received some suggestions, and I appreciate them. As Arlen said,
this is probably not of general interest, so please respond directly
to me.

Thanks!
Tracy