Re: Copyright violation?

Subject: Re: Copyright violation?
From: Peg Ferraro <peg -at- CTHULHU -dot- CONTROL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 10:11:32 -0500

----- Snip here -----
> could certainly insist that they remove the text. If they
> refuse to comply with your requests, you can certainly call
> in the lawyers, but most times, that's overkill. I'd talk
> to the service provider that hosts the site (or, for a
> company web page, to the company itself) before I'd try
> legal suasion.

If the person or organization does not correct or remove your text,
talking to the service provider or company that hosts the site is the next
best step. According to a friend of mine who owns a company where someone
reprinted an article without permission on their personal web site, the
service provider or company can also be libel for damages.

Good luck,
Peg Ferraro, peg -at- control -dot- com