Insurance for Contractors and Consultants

Subject: Insurance for Contractors and Consultants
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <gfhayhoe -at- SCESCAPE -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 10:49:23 -0500

Greg Drew asked about insurance.

STC has a group health insurance plan, but the premiums are probably not
nearly as low as what you pay if you work for a large corporation.

IEEE can offer a more extensive menu of insurance plans (life, health,
disability, dental) at much lower premiums because it is the largest
professional organization in the world. IEEE has a constituent society
called PCS (Professional Communication Society) that welcomes technical
communicators/writers/what-you-wills with open arms. Full IEEE and PCS
membership costs about US$135/year. The IEEE PCS site should provide
additional information about membership
( (The IEEE insurance coverage is
part of its Financial Advantage program that also offers credit cards and
investment opportunities.)

--George Hayhoe (gfhayhoe -at- scescape -dot- net)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: 803-642-2156
Fax: 803-642-9325

TECHWR-L (Technical Communication) List Information: To send a message
to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
Search the archives at or search and
browse the archives at

Previous by Author: Business Cards
Next by Author: What We Call Ourselves
Previous by Thread: Re: Biz Cards
Next by Thread: I am in wrong field (was Re: I am Tech Writer)

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads