Big Documents in Word

Subject: Big Documents in Word
From: "Fragnito, Vic" <Vic -dot- Fragnito -at- ALLIEDSIGNAL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 09:53:00 -0700

I apologize if this subject is not appropriate for this list.

Has anyone had any success in processing large file size documents
through Word 6.0a and if so could you share some of your expertise with
me?

My situation is having to produce large size 150 to 500 page documents
(25 Mbyte files with integrated graphics [predominately eps format with
the exceptional TIF format]) in Word. I have found that

Master Document feature suffers
RD fields provide a good TOC but do little to alleviate the file
handling problems.

We are running this on 100 Mhz Pentium 64 Mbyte ram machines. I know
the solution is Frame or a higher productivity package; however, my
employer does not buy in on that at the present time.

If I link graphics, the associated problem of putting them together in a
CD for distribution and re-establishing the links, the Customer does not
accept PDF files.

Any suggestions or helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

You can answer me off-line, if you choose, so as not to clutter up the
list if this topic is inappropriate.

Thank You in advance.

victor -dot- fragnito -at- alliedsignal -dot- com
Solicitation is solely my own and does not represent the views of my
employer.